I remember when I first started taking my Islam seriously (after converting.)
I wanted to be a good Muslim. I wanted to live in a way Allah was pleased with me. I wanted to get to Jannah. And I wanted to know how.
I thought finding the information I need would be easy. I told myself, “it can’t be that hard, right?” This was way back, when “Sheikh Google” wasn’t a thing.
Let me tell you, it was hard. Hard to find good information in English. Hard to find Muslims who knew enough to teach me. Hard enough I had to eventually go to Syria and Egypt to learn what I needed…in Arabic. (Imagine how hard that was.)
Nowadays, we have the opposite problem. There’s too much info. From too many sources. And no way to filter the gems from the crap.
- “I should be able to find the answer online, right?”
- “How do I know what’s right and what’s wrong?”
- “Is this source credible?”
- “Can I trust this scholar?” (or writer/speaker/academic)
- “How come I can’t find any info on this issue?”
- “Why does this ‘scholar’ sound so uneducated?”
Raise your hand if you’ve asked yourself any of those questions…
I know I have.
And if I had to start over today, I would probably feel anxious and confused…
- Worried I’m doing it wrong
- Worried Allah won’t accept my deeds
- Skeptical of scholars’ advice, not knowing who to trust
- And maybe even…
Give Up And Stop Caring Altogether
But it doesn’t have to be that way. Not for you.
Now, you can:
- Get authentic, accurate, bias-free Islamic scholarship
at-ease, knowing you’re practicing Islam in the best possible way
- Have the tools you need to make ethical decisions confidently…
…without needing a fatwa for every little thing.
…without wondering “is this source legit?”
…without causing yourself unnecessary stress from impractical advice.
Hi, I’m Musa Furber
…And I’m here to make your life a lot simpler.
Here are a few things you should know about me:
- I’ve been studying the Islamic Tradition for over 20 years, specializing in Shafi’i Law
- I’ve trained under several of the world’s preeminent Islamic scholars
- I’m authorized to issue fatwas from Egypt’s world-famous Dar Al-Ifta Al-Misriyya
- I have a Masters in Public Administration
- I grew up in America, and I’ve lived in Damascus, Cairo, Abu Dhabi, and Kuala Lumpur.
- I’ve published 14 books and 18 research papers, and have been quoted in over a dozen newspaper articles
- And I have 8 cats 😼
Now, it’s not very “Islamic” to brag…
…but good luck finding a classically trained Islamic scholar who’s also formally studied economics, policy analysis, statistical research methods, public ethics.
On my website, you’ll find books, articles, podcasts, and videos that…
Reveal How To Make Better Decisions, Navigate Fatwa Chaos, And Filter Out Bogus Scholarship
Here’s what you should do next.
Read my blog:
- My English Shafi’i fiqh curriculum plan
- Ibn Qudamah’s program: from novice to mujtahid
- Husbands must inform wives they are not obligated to cook and clean
Buy my books:
- Connecting to the Quran
- Infamies of the soul and their treatments
- Supplement for the seeker of certitude
Follow me on social media:
And most importantly, before you do any of these things… 👇